The City of Tshwane would like to congratulate and welcome the new Members of the Mayoral Committee who were introduced to Council by Executive Mayor Cllr Kgosientso Ramokgopa.
In an effort to optimise service delivery, Cllr Ramokgopa has replaced the following former Members of the Mayoral Committee, Cllrs Nkele Malapane (Agriculture and Environmental Management), Sibongile Moselelane (Health and Social Development), Percy Zitha (Infrastructure) and Faith Kgaditse (Sport, Recreation, Arts and Culture) with veteran Councillors Jacob Masango, Petunia Mashaba, Eulenda Mabusela and Nozipho Makeke.
The new Mayoral Committee is now structured as follows:
• Cllr Petunia Mashaba: Agriculture and Environmental Management
• Cllr Eulenda Mabusela: Health and Social Development
• Cllr Jacob Masango: Infrastructure
• Cllr Nozipho Makeke: Sport, Recreation, Arts and Culture
• Cllr Terence Mashego: Safety and Security
• Cllr Thoko Mmoko: Corporate and Shared Services
• Cllr Subesh Pillay: Economic Development and Planning
• Cllr Joshua Ngonyama: Housing and Human Settlement
• Cllr George Matjila: Transport and Roads
• Cllr Dorothy Mabiletsa: Finance
In the Acceptance Address of the current leadership last year, Cllr Ramokgopa outlined seven pillars that anchored the City’s service delivery agenda and these were presented as follows:
• To amplify the provision of municipal services and infrastructure;
• To accelerate economic growth, job creation and social development;
• To build sustainable communities with clean, healthy and safe environments as well as integrated social services;
• To strengthen participatory democracy and the principle of Batho Pele;
• To promote sound governance;
• To ensure financial sustainability; and
• To intensify organisational development and transformation.
The City contemplated these pillars in an endeavour to maximise its strengths and minimise its weaknesses so as to make it possible for the City to deliver better and quality services to the citizens of Tshwane.
From left to right: Eulenda Mabusela – Health & Social Development , Nosipho Tyobeka-Makeke (Sport, Recreation, Arts & Culture), Mr Jacob Masango (Infrastructure), Petunia Mashaba (Agriculture & Environment)
Issued by the Communication, Marketing and Events Department