As a result of the current COVID-19 pandemic, we need to observe the compulsory disaster management regulations. This year, the City of Tshwane will not host public meetings for the draft review of the Integrated Development Plan (IDP) and the budget. However, we will still afford residents the opportunity to make inputs and share their views. Residents are invited to submit written comments on the following:
· The 2020/21 draft review of the 2017–2021 Tshwane IDP
· The 2020 draft Metropolitan Spatial Development Framework (MSDF)
· The 2020/21 draft Medium-term Revenue and Expenditure Framework (MTREF) and related tariffs
· The draft Property Rates Policy and By-law
All these documents can be accessed on the City's public website (www.tshwane.gov.za).
Those who wish to comment on these documents can submit their comments as follows:
· Draft review of the IDP: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand-deliver comments to the IDP comments box at the reception desk, Ground Floor, Tshwane House, 320 Madiba Street, Pretoria
· Draft MSDF: Send an email to Namugaya Kisuule at email@example.com and/or Dennis Madumo at firstname.lastname@example.org or hand-deliver comments to the MSDF comments box, Room 6019, 6th Floor, Isivuno House, 143 Lilian Ngoyi Street, Pretoria
· Draft MTREF and related tariffs: Send an email to Stephani Botes at email@example.com or hand-deliver comments to the MTREF comments box at the reception desk, Ground Floor, Tshwane House, 320 Madiba Street, Pretoria
· Draft Property Rates Policy and By-law: Send an email to Sam Chepape at firstname.lastname@example.org or hand-deliver comments to the Property Rates Policy and By-law comments box at the reception desk, Ground Floor, Tshwane House, 320 Madiba Street, Pretoria
The 2020/21 draft review of the IDP seeks to ensure that the poor remain our priority and that current projects are completed timeously and within the budget. The budget demonstrates our commitment to improving the lives of Tshwane residents through service delivery. We need to know what our communities are saying and be able to identify the key matters that the City must focus on, which is why Tshwane communities are requested to provide written submissions of their concerns.
Proposed tariff increases as per main service:
· Sanitation: 6,6%
· Refuse removal: 6%
· Water: 6,6%
· Electricity: 6,23%
· Property rates: As per the new valuation roll
You can view the 2020/21 draft MTREF at the following link: http://www.tshwane.gov.za/sites/Departments/Financial-Services/Financial-Documents/Tshwane-Budget/Pages/default.aspx.
You can view the draft review of the 2017–2021 IDP at the following link: http://www.tshwane.gov.za/sites/Council/Ofiice-Of-The-Executive-Mayor/Pages/Integrated-Development-Planning.aspx.
Please note that all comments must be in writing and submitted on time. All comments must be sent to the City of Tshwane as indicated above. The closing date for comments is 19 June 2020 at 15:00. The closing date for comments on the draft MSDF is 20 July 2020 at 15:00.