Starting from 1 July 2017, the City of Tshwane will be responsible for supplying water and sanitation services to residents of Mabopane, Winterveld and Ga-Rankuwa (MAWIGA).
This follows a decision that was taken in October 2016 to disestablish the Sandspruit Works Association (SWA) and transfer functions to Tshwane. Functions to be transferred are:
- Maintenance of the water and sewer reticulation networks
- Management of bulk water supply to the area, including reservoirs, feeder pipes and the bulk and distribution network; and
- Management of the waste water treatment works at Klipgat, Temba, Rietgat, Sandspruit and Babelegi.
The City will also take over billing from SWA. This means that residents who currently receive accounts from SWA for water and sanitation services, will receive their monthly accounts from the City of Tshwane. Tariffs will not change from the tariffs that residents currently pay for SWA services.
The Municipality assures residents that no service will be interrupted as a result of the disestablishment of SWA. The current SWA maintenance teams will become part of the City of Tshwane and will continue to maintain the water and sanitation service in the area. However, service teams and vehicles will be branded with the City of Tshwane logo.
The standard of service delivery in the MAWIGA area will be in line with the City of Tshwane service levels with regard to quality and turnround times.
The following centres will continue to render a service to customers:
- Mabopane Service Centre (Mabopane)
- Morula Service Centre (Mabopane/Morula Complex)
- Winterveld Service Centre (Winterveld)
- Ga-Rankuwa Service Centre (Ga-Rankuwa Shopping Complex)
- Mabopane Cash Point (Mabopane Block X)
MAWIGA residents can also pay their accounts at any of the City of Tshwane pay points and visit any of the customer care walk-in centres for enquiries regarding service delivery and billing issues.
City of Tshwane customer care walk-in centres in the MAWIGA area are:
- Beirut Customer Care Walk-in Centre, Stand 1864, Beirut
- Mabopane Customer Care Walk-in Centre, Stand 2033, Block A, Mabopane
- Ga-Rankuwa Customer Care Walk-in Centre, Stand 9111, Setlogelo Street Zone 5, Ga-Rankuwa
- Mabopane Customer Care Walk-in Centre, Stand 1653, Block X, Mabopane
Enquiries: 012 358 9999 or 080 1111 556