The City of Tshwane would like to inform residents from Temba and surrounding areas about a planned shutdown of the Temba Water Treatment Plant on Tuesday, 14 November 2017 from 08:00 until Wednesday, 15 November 2017 at 08:00 for maintenance. This essential work will unfortunately affect the water supply to residents in the area.
This scheduled extensive work will include –
- the removal of the temporal raw water bypass;
- the installation of a T-piece connection into the Sekampaneng discharge line;
- the reparation of the existing concrete lining of the Reservoir 4 feed;
- the installation of a circuit breaker to power up raw water pump transformers; and
- a core drill and the installation of a sample puddle at the intake tower.
Below are the areas in Region 2 that will be affected by the interruption:
- New Eersterus
- Babelegi Industries
- Mandela Village
The City has arranged roaming water tankers to supply affected residents with water during the shutdown period. The City of Tshwane apologises for any inconvenience that will arise as a result of this essential scheduled work.