Today, 8 February 2019, the City of Tshwane's Group Information and Communication Technology Department will commence with its two-day planned maintenance and upgrading of its financial system (SAP). The planned maintenance, which will start this afternoon at 17:00 and end Sunday 10 February 2019 at 19:00, will impact the City's operational efficiency and performance in attending to billing/account and meter-reading enquiries.
The City's customer care centres will only be able to assist customers with water leaks, power failures, traffic lights, potholes and street light complaints. Thus customers are cautioned about this temporary disruption.
The following alternative reporting facilities are also available to assist customers:
- Potholes: Send an email to email@example.com.
- Faulty traffic lights: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Water leaks: Send an email to email@example.com.
- Water quality: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Power failures: SMS the word "power" followed by your account number to 082 612 0333, OR visit www.tshwane.gov.za and follow the Report Power Failure link.
The e-Tshwane service will still be available for the submission of meter readings, viewing your City of Tshwane account, lodging a complaint or query and making payments to the City of Tshwane electronically on www.tshwane.gov.za. Click on the e-Tshwane link and follow the instructions.
The City apologises for the inconvenience that might arise. However, this planned maintenance is expected to improve customer experience and keep the City's core business application operating at peak efficiency.