What is the Academy?
To be the leading safety and security training Institution in South Africa — promoting knowledge and providing professional career education relevant to the needs of the industry.
To provide a high-standard, learning opportunity to empower learners through the rendering of outcome-based safety and security training and equipping them with the relevant knowledge and skills to execute effective service delivery.
How to Enrol:
The Human Recourse Management Section will advertise positions when available.
The process to follow after the positions are advertised is as follows:
- A complete CV -- stating all the information of the candidate -- must be handed in at the Tshwane recruitment officers, before the closing date of the advertisement.
- The Human Resources Division will handle the pre-selection of the candidates.
- A specific pre-selection process will be followed as indicated by the Department Community Safety. All selection criteria for evaluations is determined by the HOD or his/her nominee.
- After completing the pre-selection process, candidates will undergo interviews and medical evaluation.
- After these processes, the top successful candidates will be appointed as student constables.
12 month training that consists of:
||Basic accident recording|
|Specific common law crimes
||Completion of Section 56 & 341|
|Criminal Procedure Act
|Law of evidence
||Stop and approach of vehicles|
||Practical survival skills|
|Powers derived from certain legislation
||Basic first aid|
|Use of force
|Interpretation of statues;
|Animal Protection Act
|NRTA 29/1989 & 93/1996
||Selected fire-arm skills|
|Systematic examination of vehicles
||Dimensions and projections on vehicles|
||By-law policing |