The Health and Social Development Department focuses on creating healthy communities and empowering residents to prosper through holistic development.
The Health and Social Development Department comprises three divisions and one unit:
- Social Development Division
- Health Services Division
- Operations Support Division
- Management and Administration Support Unit
Vision and mission
The vision of the Health and Social Development Department is to ensure a healthy, safe and empowered community.
The mission of the Health and Social Development Department is to facilitate and provide an integrated and comprehensive system of health and social services, facilities and programmes to promote a poverty-free, healthy, safe and sustainable community in Tshwane.
The strategic objectives of the Health and Social Development Department are –
- to provide a comprehensive primary health care package through clinics (clinic programmes and dispensaries/ the supply of appropriate, safe and cost-effective medicines) to the residents of Tshwane;
- to promote a safe and healthy environment in Tshwane by delivering municipal health services according to the National Health Act, 2003, the Foodstuffs, Cosmetics and Disinfectants Act, 1972 (Act 54 of 1972) and other related legislation;
- to coordinate and facilitate a multisectoral response to HIV and AIDS in Tshwane;
- to ensure continuous improvement in the quality of health services through research and development;
- to fight poverty by providing an indigent support service;
- to provide services and programmes to vulnerable groups;
- to promote early childhood development;
- to ensure good governance, financial viability and optimal institutional transformation with the capacity to execute the mandate of the department;
- to build new infrastructure and maintain existing infrastructure; and
- to support the Batho Pele principles of government.
Strategic Executive Director: Health and Social Development Seoketsa E Kekana
Tel: 012 358 4585
Fax: 086 225 9932
Executive Director: Operations Support, Mr Livhuwani Nemuthenga
Tel: 012 358 3959
Fax: 012 324 5135
Executive Director: Social Development, Ms Ntlogeleng Mogotsi
Tel: 012 358 8685 /8773
Fax: 086 630 5453
Executive Director: Health Services, Mr Abel T Malaka
Tel: 012- 358 8600/ 8649
Fax: 012 324 5135