The unsurpassed African emergency service ensuring that the community of Tshwane develops and prospers in a safe and secure environment
To provide an effective and efficient emergency service of excellence in the execution of all mandated functions
The Emergency Services Department delivers on specific legislative mandates delegated to local government. The department therefore has to align its strategies, goals, objectives, key performance areas and specific key performance indicators to the City of Tshwane’s long-term strategy, five-year strategic plan, IDP as well as annual SDBIPs and budgets.
The Emergency Services Department focuses all its efforts on making Tshwane a city where the community can prosper in a safe and healthy environment. The departmental composition reflects a diversity of functions of a highly specialised nature and ensures that all operational as well as governing activities and interventions are executed in an integrated manner, addressing the safety needs of the community holistically.
The Emergency Services Department pledges to strive to ignite excellence and to serve the community in Tshwane by being client orientated and living the City of Tshwane's Batho Pele Pledge, specifically with regard to the following:
- Respecting the rights of all citizens as enshrined in the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa.
- Answering the noble calling of our profession to serve our clients with objectivity and transparency, irrespective of race or creed.
- Ensuring that our attitude, dedication, self-discipline, ideals, training and conduct contribute to the quality of emergency services and the protection of life and property.
- Respecting, upholding and promoting basic human rights as embodied in the Constitution.
- Committing to do all within our power, when exercising our professional duties, to act in accordance with the ideals of our profession as expressed in each discipline's code and credo.
- Behaving in a dignified and responsible manner to ensure that our conduct does not bring Emergency Services into disrepute.
- Rendering an effective, efficient and accountable emergency service.
- Ensuring service delivery.
- Upholding professional values and ethics.
- Ensuring continuity and making changes by reviewing and aligning policies where necessary to achieve delivery.
- Building institutional capacity and achieving transformation.
- Developing and sustaining strategic partnerships.
The Emergency Services Department comprises the following divisions:
- Disaster Management
- Fire Brigade Services
- Emergency Medical Services
- Support and Administration
Chief of Emergency Services
Joan K de Beer
Tel: 012 358 2136
Fax: 086 210 2670
Executive Director: Emergency Medical Services
Tel: 012 358 2237
Fax: 086 210 2670
Chief Fire Officer
Tel: 012 358 2593
Fax: 086 211 9229
Head: Disaster Management Centre
Tel: 012 358 2129
Fax: 086 214 4912
Executive Director: Support and Administration Support Services
Tel: 012 358 2202
Fax: 086 210 0401