|Strubendam Dam Sanctuary
|| Coordinates 'S25 46 571 E028 16 659
This dam was upgraded in September 1984 to form part of the flood control system of the Waterkloof Spruit. The dam is an ideal location for bird lovers because it attracts many water bird species. A fishing spot is also available. Fish species include the banded tilapia, sharptooth catfish, canary kurper, carp and bass. The sanctuary contains the Bankveld vegetation type and the flora include
Activities and facilities
- - The sanctuary is ideal for hiking, birding and having a picnic.
- - Groups of more than 10 must submit an activity request to email@example.com.
- - Limited casual fishing spots are available on the south-eastern banks on a first-come-first-served basis.
- - Ablution facilities are available.
- - Big shaded lawns invite the visitor to sit down and relax.
- - No fires are allowed.
- Summer (September to April): 06:00 – 18:00
- Winter (May to August): 06:00 – 18:00
Bookings and contact numbers
- Tel: 012 358 1510
- Fax: 012 358 0467