Profile of City Manager
Mosola is an expert in brand management and communication in tourism hospitality and sports management, with experience spanning 20 years in both industries. From 2001 to 2004 he was Chief Operations Officer of South African Tourism, Brand Development Strategy and Business Plan. He joined South African Tourism as Chief Executive Officer in 2004 and the Tourism and Passenger Transport Division of Imperial Holdings as Chief Executive in 2009.
While he was CEO of SA Tourism, Mosola was also appointed as acting CEO of the International Market Council, now known as Brand South Africa. Prior to joining SA Tourism, he was the Chief Director: Tourism Development in the Department of Environmental Affairs and Tourism.
His academic achievements include the following:
- • Currently studying towards a Doctorate in Philosophy of Human Movement Sciences,University of Pretoria.
- • MA in Economics from the University of Houston, Texas (USA)
- • BA in Neuroscience and Psychology at Obedin College, Ohio (USA)
Mosola completed several executive certificate programmes, including:
- • Certificate in Strategic Marketing (Harvard Business School)
- • Certificate programme for emerging leaders (UCT Graduate School of Business and Duke University)
- • Certificate in Management of Development Planning and Implementation (joint certificate programme of the Universities of Witwatersrand, Western Cape, Fort Hare and Durban-Westville)
- • Certificate programme in urban and regional planning (Harvard Graduate School of Design)
- • Certificate programme in the regulation of public utilities and monopolies (Institute of Public-Private Partnerships)