Residents and businesses in some of the southwestern suburbs of the City will experience water supply interruption during the coming days due to the upgrading of water supply components at the Iscor Heights Reservoir.
The upgrading of these water supply components will be carried out in three phases which entails the removing of the existing pipelines at the low level outlet chamber and the installation of new special fittings and connections into the existing chamber.
Residents and businesses will benefit from this upgrade as there will be less unaccounted for water loss because of water leaks and less water supply interruptions due to ageing infrastructure.
Residents who are supplied by Iscor Heights Reservoir will experience water supply interruptions as follows:
- 30 November 2021 to 2 December 2021 from 08:00 to 18:00 (58 hours)
- 6 December 2021 to 8 December 2021 from 08:00 to 18:00 (58 hours)
- 20 December 2021 to 21 December 2021 from 08:00 to 18:00 (34 hours)
The following areas will be affected:
- Lotus Gardens (all extensions)
- Danville (all extensions)
- Pretoria Ext 2, 3, 6 and 10
- Pretoria Town and Townlands 351-JR
During these periods, roaming water tankers will be arranged to supply residents in the affected areas with water.
The City apologises for the inconvenience that may arise as a result of this essential upgrade work.