Rand Water is planning a shutdown of the water supply to Regions 3 and 4, affecting various suburbs in the western and southern parts of Tshwane, from
1 to 3 February 2022.
During this period, the water utility will repair a leak on its pipeline in the supply areas.
All the affected meters will have alternative water supplied from the Rand Water pipeline, although low water pressure may be experienced during the shutdown.
The following areas will be affected by this shutdown:
- Laudium Ext 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Atteridgeville (all extensions)
- Louwlardia (all extensions)
- Blue Hills (all extensions)
- Midstream Estate (all extensions)
- Pretoria and Townlands 351-JR
- Rooihuiskraal (all extensions)
- Highveld (all extensions)
- Kosmosdal (all extensions)
- The Reeds (all extensions)
All reservoirs in the affected areas will be filled prior to the shutdown and an appeal is made to residents to use water sparingly during this time to ensure that the reservoirs do not run dry.