CITY OF TSHWANE TO INTRODUCE NEW APPLICATION FEES FOR VARIOUS CATEGORIES OF PROPERTIES
Fri, Oct 23, 2020
From 1 November 2020, the City of Tshwane will implement new application fees and tariffs to categories of properties that qualify for applications according to the City of Tshwane Land Management Policy.
These new tariffs were approved in June 2020 during the 2020/21 budget approval. This follows the City's comparative analysis with other metropolitan municipalities as part of driving efficiency in managing the application process.
Some of the glaring gaps identified during the process was the absence of an administrative fee system to process applications and manage contracts. This shortcoming resulted in loss of revenue for the City as it carried the costs associated with processing applications.
The new application fees will be applicable to categories of properties that qualify for applications according to the Land Management Policy, which include the following:
· Churches and non-governmental organisations
· Applications for sporting and recreational purposes
· Applications for cellular masts
· Applications to register servitudes on City-owned land
· Applications to acquire or lease unviable properties
· Unsolicited bids
· Applications for land release relevant to historical allocation
All other lease categories (like business leases) will be subject to a proactive release and competitive bidding process. However, the City may waive an administrative fee where it is in the community's interest and/or in the plight of the poor (non-governmental and non-profit organisations) as envisaged in the City's policy on the management of immovable property.
The following tariffs and application fees were based on an average benchmarking from research and analysis of other metropolitan municipalities.
· Lease application: R575,00
· Advertising fee (unsolicited bids): R5 750,00
· Granting of temporary permission (30 day use): R2 300,00
TARIFFS FOR MINOR ENCROACHMENTS
· More than 0 cm to 10 cm over the property boundary: No charge
· More than 10 cm to 50 cm over the property boundary: R1 380,00 per annum
APPLICATIONS FOR GARDENING AND/OR SECURITY PURPOSES ACCORDING TO LAND SIZE
· 100 m2: R418,00 per annum
· 100 m2 to 200 m2: R836,00 per annum
· 200 m2 to 300 m2: R1 253,00 per annum
· 300 m2 to 400 m2: R1 671,00 per annum
· 400 m2 to 500 m2: R2 090,00 per annum
· 500 m2 and above: R2 507,00 per annum
· Disposal (granting of servitude): R1 000,00
· Permission to register servitude over City of Tshwane servitude: R1 000,00
CONSENT AND CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION FEES
· Consent for transfer of leases (cession of rights): R1 500,00
· Contract administration: R500,00
· Contract renewal: R750,00
COSTS OF VALUATION ACCORDING TO VALUE OF PROPERTY
The below valuation fees are based on gazette guidelines of the South African Council for the Property Valuers Profession.
· Up to R150 000: R575,00
· From R150 000 to R350 000: R2 300,00
· From R350 000 to R500 000: R4 600,00
· From R500 000 to R750 000: R5 980,00
· From R750 000 to R1 000 000: R7 705,00
· From R1 000 000 to R5 000 000: R8 855,00
· From R5 000 000 to R10 000 000: R15 755,00
· From R10 000 000 to R25 000 000: R23 805,00
· From R25 000 000 to R50 000 000: R44 505,00
· From R50 000 000 to R100 000 000: R64 630,00
· Over R100 000 000: R87 630,00
It must be emphasised that these fees will be reviewed annually in line with the City's revised policy on the management of immovable property.
For more information on these tariffs, please visit the City's website at www.tshwane.gov.za or our social media pages as follows:
· Twitter: @CityTshwane
· Facebook: @CityOfTshwane