This resort started operating in 1986 and was once a feeder dairy and vegetable farm for the Boikhutsong Old Age Home. Moretele Recreation Resort is situated in the area previously called Vlakfontein. It was a nursery for the Administration Board of the Central Transvaal and the source for all the trees that are planted around Mamelodi. During the Mamelodi Town Council era, it was built as a resort and opened officially by the then mayor of Mamelodi, Mr Bernad Ndlazi. Mamelodi residents call the resort 'ga-modau' because of an old man who used to be a caretaker at the nursery.
Morelete Recreational Resort meets your highest expectations and is where family fun begins. It's a great place for family outings and also hosts many events.
- Modern swimming pool with kids' splash pool
- Multi-purpose hall for private functions
- Children's playground
- Picnic area with braai facilities
- Overnight facilities for groups, with hot water and toilets
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 072 097 4772
- Address: 608 Section L, Sibande Street, Mamelodi West, 0122