How to detect a water leak on your property
You can establish whether there is an internal leak on the property by carrying out the following test procedure:
- Close all the internal taps on the property, both indoors and outdoors.
- Isolate your geyser if possible.
- Check the water meter to see if the counter digits (register) are moving.
- If the digits are moving, check the toilet cistern, taps, exposed pipe work and wet areas on walls with pipe work to see if there are any visible leaks.
- If there are no visible leaks and the digits are still moving, then there is an underground leak.
- If you have problems locating the leak, contact a professional plumber or specialist for assistance.
- If a leak does exist, have it repaired as soon as possible.