Internal water leak
Assistance is provided by the City of Tshwane to residential properties with an internal leak. A claim for the water loss, subject to certain conditions, may be submitted for an undetected water leak (non-visible leak).
An invoice from the plumber should be made available to the City to institute a claim against its insurers.
Conditions and requirements
- If the customer has alternative insurance cover, he/she should first attempt to claim on that policy.
- A claim is instituted by submitting a letter and an invoice for the leak(s) repaired. The invoice must provide details of the repair work carried out and materials used.
- The letter must include the following information:
- City of Tshwane account number
- Type and location of the leak (NO geysers, toilets or any leaks in the house or in walls)
- Date of repair
- A sketch or photograph that indicates where the leak was (between the water meter and the connection point of the house)
- Contact details of the customer
- Declaration that a claim was not submitted under any short-term insurance (if the customer has an alternative policy and the claim was unsuccessful, he/she should provide evidence thereof)
- Indicate if the leak was above ground or underground
- An affidavit that a leak was repaired, stamped at the nearest South African Police Service station to the property to certify that the information is a true declaration
- Only one claim per event is allowed annually.
- The amount payable per claim is subject to the following:
- Repair work: R1 000,00 maximum
- Water loss: R2 000,00 maximum
Customers should note that the actual amount payable for water loss (to a maximum of R2 000,00 as per Point 5 above) is calculated by the City’s Group Financial Services. Calculations are based on consumption records. Actual repair costs are refunded to a maximum of R1 000,00.
The water loss policy does not cover the following:
Consequential loss of any description, such as damage to any other property belonging to the customer as a result of the leak.
Any legal liability of any nature, such as legal claims for damage, injury or loss of person or property related to the customer as a result of the water leak.
The letter and invoice can be submitted to Group Financial Services as follows:
City of Tshwane
Group Financial Services
Divisional Head: Revenue Management
PO Box 408
252 Thabo Sehume Street
Please take care to clearly mark all correspondence as follows:
Brenda Ngonyama, Revenue Consultant: Metering and Invoicing Services Section
Tel: 012 358 8532